We believe there are seven questions one should answer before deciding to embark on a new job or career:
1) Does your current job and company keep you learning new things and stimulate your creativity?
2) Does the organization have current and future opportunities that are aligned with the type of career you want to build?
3) Does your current corporate culture align with and basically support your value system?
4) Do you have an executive sponsor or sponsors that position and promote you for increasingly better opportunities?
5) Are you fairly compensated for the work you do compared to others in similar jobs?
6) Am I energized at the end of the day?
7) Is my stress level manageable?
If you answered "yes" to all of these, you have a good situation. If you answered "no" to one or two of these questions, you can probably do better either making changes that get you to "yes" in your current job or by changing companies or careers. If you answer "no" to three or more of the questions, do yourself a favor and begin a search for a position that is a closer fit to your career aspirations, lifestyle and value system.
Your starting point in developing a great personal career strategy is knowing where you want to go. To make this discovery, you need to know where you are starting. SpectraComm utilizes a powerful tool called CORE MAP® to provide the compass you need to find your True North. Discovering True North is the understanding that every person is born to do certain things particularly well—and will love doing them. That makes True North the foundation of human potential and the key to finding productive work and attaining a meaningful life.
We start by determining how closely your internal compass is pointed toward True North. Then we provide you with a list of potential careers, show you the kind of work environments in which you will flourish, and tell you about your natural strengths so you can bring them to your workplace and build a powerful career plan.
We work with a client to create a career and a life that is aligned with who they are. When people are pursuing the career that fulfills them, all of life becomes better.
To find our more about the our Worklife Transition Program, please email us at Spectra@Spectracomm.com.